1. Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
The balance of my piece is ok. The colors look good together and make the print flow. All of the parts of the piece look like they are supposed to be there and are part of the same piece. The rythym is good because your not just looking at the same spot the whole time your eyes wander to diffrent parts of the piece.
2. How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added texture to my piece by putting in the armadillos shell and the lines in the sand. It is very important to do all of this so the piece doesnt look to bland and concrete. Also it gives personality to the piece and doesnt make it boring it gives it life.
3. Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
I used postive and negative space to represent many things on my piece. It gives it the illusion that it is in the paper almost.
4. Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
The craftsmanship of my print is not the best but it isnt horrible. It looks good but I could have used less in ink in some places and some more in other places. Like some of the lines in the armadillo are splotched together because excess ink seeped in and went onto the final print.
5. Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
I was able to achieve depth because the paper looks to be endless. It seems to almost go on forever and having the cactus in the foreground helps with the illusion.
6. Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?